I went back to see doc on Tuesday for a follow up on bloodwork. I had that bloodwork done that morning because the people in the lab are slow...very slow. I was lucky that it got there on time.
There is some fantastic news...my TSH is now at 1.7. Well within the range of normal (under 5) and well within the appropriate range for TTC (according to you all is below 3.0).
I talked to Doc about what we do now and he said that there was nothing to do. I ovulate per my BBTs, my tubes are open per my HSG and H's SA is acceptable apparently. I'm really not sure if there was any other blood work done, but I'm pretty sure I had something done on CD 10 at some point in time (likely when the found out my TSH was so high)
I asked him how long we should wait before considering an IUI and he said a YEAR. A FUCKING YEAR!!! Fuckin' Fuck Me Fuckity-Fuck!!!!
His rational is that 80% of normal couples get pregnant in the first year, 90% within 2 years and the other 10% have true infertility and need intervention. He said that with my TSH just now being under control, this should be considered the start of our first REAL year of TTC (it's actually my 16th cycle TTC!!!).
Does this sound insane to anyone else!!! I am not a patient person when it comes to this subject.
Another part of his rational is that we shouldn't pursue expensive procedures when it could now happen naturally. Now H and I are not the Rockefellers, nor are we related to Bill Gates, but we can afford to throw some money into this.
H and I haven't made an official decision, but we are thinking of giving it 3 months or so and then pursuing a second opinion. I think 3 months of a normal TSH along with all of our other normal functioning body parts, as well as BBTing, OPKing, and timing intercourse should be enough.
Any other opinions would be welcome. There is one other gyno in town (who's a bit of a creapo I hear) all RE specialists require a gyno referral and I'd have to drive to El Paso, TX to see them (but, hey, it's not Albuquerque). One of my patients is a 34 year old female gyno who now works in El Paso, I'd be interested to hear her opinion.
Should I go now? Should I wait 3 months? Should I wait a year?
Do I need a second opinion? Or 3rd or 4th for that matter?
Unrelated side note: Spent mother's day with Mary and her kids. (she sort of let me adopt them for a day) We planted flowers in her yard on base and her kids played in a blow up pool. Junebug was a hot mess of popsicle, dirt and sunscreen by the end of the day.
|Junebug and Wyatt early in the day|
|Junebug later in the day post popsicle and sunscreen and now add a layer of dirt. Me on the left Mary on the right.|