Tuesday, January 24, 2012

The diet that bites back

I wouldn't say that I'm dieting right now, persay. I'm simply watching what I eat, portion controlling and whatnot.

However, last night I decided that I wanted to break rank and have a treat. It was probably too late at night to really be snacking, but for some reason I had a craving for a banana with chocolate.

You heard me right, a banana with chocolate syrup on it.

No, I'm not pregnant.

So, I slice up a banana into a bowl and cover it with chocolate syrup and proceed to eat it with a fork. It tastes a little funny, like sour or something. As I continue eating, I realize that it is the chocolate syrup that is sour.

With one bite left, I get up and go look at the bottle of chocolate syrup and realize it expired in August!...August, 2010!!!!!! two thousand and TEN!!!!! Shit :(

I guess this is the universe's way of telling me to stay on my "diet".

BTW, I've had the runs all morning and have to go to the gyno today for a pap smear.

PS: If you haven't already, now would be the time to look through your condiments in your fridge and dump the stuff that's expired. Especially things that have been expired for more than a year!

4 comments:

  1. Oh man that sucks! Both the runs and the part about the gyno. Hope you feel better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. No good! The runs + a trip to the gyno... talk about a heck of a day. Tomorrow can only be better, right?!?!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Expired condiments will get ya every time. It always amazes me to find shit that expired YEARS ago. My Mom made fun of me for having baking soda that expired in 2008 in my pantry - apparently it doesn't work well when it's that far expired. Who knew? :)

    Runs + gyno...yikes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Okay...I'm trying to hold back giggles hehe. The run's and a pap smear. Somebody in the universe thought you needed a laugh this morning!!!

    I'm having visions of when the recess peanut butter ad's are on t.v and it's never the same when you just eat peanut butter and chocolate together.

    ReplyDelete

If you can relate to this post or have an opinion about it, please leave a comment.

I do read everyone of them and look forward to hearing what you have to say.