Wednesday, January 4, 2012
Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In: Starting Week 4
Idea borrowed from Josey. Layout by, ...well...me!
I'm still not making as much progress as I would like. The holiday's have just thrown a wrench into my weightloss plans. I didn't drink on New Years eve, this time for weight instead of my being in the 2WW and I have not had a horrible diet, I just only did one day of exercise. It's time to get serious about this. I reiterate the fact that "If I can't have a baby at least I will look damn sexy!". I plan to hit the gym hard this week. At a rate of 1 LB per week, this will take me 16 weeks to meet my goal weight, not to shabby, but I would like it to happen a bit faster, so to the gym it is!
Get to the end of this post for more fun insights about Turkey Bacon!
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal. (BMI info from this website)
Starting weight: 145
Last Week's Weight: 143
Current Weight: 141 (-2 from last week and -4 overall, 16 lbs to goal)
Goal Weight : 125
Starting BMI: 26.5
Last Week's BMI: 26.2
Current BMI: 25.8 (still "overweight")
Goal BMI: 18.5-24.9 or exactly 22.9 for goal weight
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
Progress on last week's activities:
1. Time my mile and get it down to 12:00 that means a pace of 5.0 miles an hour: I didn't run so this will probably stay on this weeks
2. See if I can go 3.75 miles in an hour with a combo of walking/running: Again, I didn't run so this will be this weeks goal
3. Stop drinking Soda!!! Ginger ale and cherry seven-up are the bane of my existence!: Because we were on vacation, I had a diet co.ke when we ate out 2x, but I'm back to work this week and have only had one soda, I brought homebrewed green tea today (yuck, will have to work on the flavor)
4. Try a new chicken recipe: I bought some spicy taco seasoning from Penze.y's spice while we were in CO, I made chicken quesidillas with it with pepperjack cheese.
5. Allow Nate to train me for 1 day at the gym: He trained me last Wednesday, the only day of the past week I went to the gym (oops).
Activities for this coming week: (the more activities I attempt, the more I am likely to achieve)
1. Time my mile and get it down to 12:00 that means a pace of 5.0 miles an hour: from last week
2. See if I can go 3.75 miles in an hour with a combo of walking/running: from last week
3. Find an alternative for drinking soda at work.
4. Try a new crock pot recipe
5. Allow Nate to train me for 1 day at the gym
3. Try to motivate others to join in on trying to lose weight
We all know that weight can be an issue with TTC, so those of you who need to shed a few pounds while TTC or are trying to shed some after having your baby, please join in, you are welcome here.
Write in my comments section if you'd like to join in on Weekly Wednesday Weign-ins so that we can encourage each other and keep each other accountable
If you like, put it in Josey's icon in your sidebar so that people will know you are participating.
Bloggers I follow that are participating:
Josey (of course) @ My Cheap Version of Therapy who is post partum
Gee @ GeeBaby who is relatively new to blogging
Bridget @ The Lost Stork who is post partum
Donor Diva @ Donor Diva: Mother via Egg Donation who is trying for #2
Holly G @ Holly G and Co. who is post partum after #2
If I missed you hear, please let me know and I'll add you (I tried to update the list from memory)!
I'm so happy our list is growing, it keeps me so motivated!!! It's not a competition, its accountability, and that's what I need, so whether you have 5 LBs to lose or 105, join up and be accountable for the change you want to see in yourself!
4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
OK, about the turkey bacon guys...
I got so many excuses why people don't want to try it, but I have to tell you to give it a shot! Great on salads or BLTs or in omlets and many chicken dishes!
Why cut out bacon all together if you can find a better way to have it? or Why choose the fatty version when you do want it if you can make a very similar and just as tasty in a slightly healthier way?
Everyone just has to try it. Please tell me you'll try it and then leave your review here? Go for the Oscar Me.yer bacon (not the Jenn.yO) and cook it on the stove in a flat pan, not one with ridges. Because it has so much less fat, it really needs to sit in the grease to even cook. You can't do turkey bacon in the microwave no does it cook well in the oven. It does take a few mistakes to determine how you like it cooked because it doesn't always look like regular bacon and it's easier to burn with less fat.
Crumble some up and leave it in a plastic bag to add to salads or when cooking chicken, or just make some for breakfast.
Here's the trick with bacon though: Buy it just before you plan to use some of it. If you only cook part of the package, put it in a ziplock bag and freeze the rest, when you then pull the partial package out of the freezer, you have to put a date on it, typically then you want to cook the rest of it in the next week or less. We typically get 3 separate uses out of the bacon that way, but also, you don't feel obligated to cook and eat it all at once then.
Side note: We got some bad news on the TTC front, but that will be a separate post.