Wednesday, January 11, 2012
Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in: Starting week 5
Idea borrowed from Josey. Layout by, ...well...me!
I went to the gym twice this week, which is an improvement upon last week, but I simply didn't have enough time to go more than that. I've been working mostly 12 hour days trying to get things done on time, and then I have to come home and still make dinner, clean and on top of that try to have a life. I did get to hang out with some friends this weekend and we also went to the range shooting, but I didn't get much of anything done this weekend. So Nate has been having me make a list for him to do each day since he doesn't start school until next week. However, if I put too much on the list each day, I find that he becomes overwhelmed and gets very little done, so I just put a few things on each day, you know:
pick up dog poop
vacuum the bedroom
It is not as though he is doing nothing all day, he still trains people, but overall he has much more time than I do. I get so excited too when I come home and the carpet has vacuum lines on it...I don't know what it is but vacuum lines are the best! It makes me feel like the whole house is clean.
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal. (BMI info from this website)
Starting weight: 145
Last Week's Weight: 141
Current Weight: 141 (no change from last week and -4 overall, 16 lbs to goal)
Goal Weight : 125
Starting BMI: 26.5
Last Week's BMI: 25.8
Current BMI: 25.8 (still "overweight")
Goal BMI: 18.5-24.9 or exactly 22.9 for goal weight
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
Progress on last week's activities:
1. Time my mile and get it down to 12:00 that means a pace of 5.0 miles an hour: from last week: did not time my mile as I only went to the gym 2x and one time I just did weight training
2. See if I can go 3.75 miles in an hour with a combo of walking/running: from last week: Walked and ran for 1 hour and got 3.65 miles
3. Find an alternative for drinking soda at work: bah, no progress
4. Try a new crock pot recipe: I made two! potato soup and this chicken and cheese thing I put on rice and into burritos, both were great! (both found on pinterest.
5. Allow Nate to train me for 1 day at the gym: I let him train me one of the two days, he kicked my butt and I'm still sore!
Activities for this coming week: (the more activities I attempt, the more I am likely to achieve)
1. Time my mile and get it down to 12:00 that means a pace of 5.0 miles an hour
2. See if I can go 3.75 miles in an hour with a combo of walking/running
3. Find an alternative for drinking soda at work
4. Try a new vegan recipe
5. Allow Nate to train me for 2 days at the gym.
3. Try to motivate others to join in on trying to lose weight
We all know that weight can be an issue with TTC, so those of you who need to shed a few pounds while TTC or are trying to shed some after having your baby, please join in, you are welcome here.
Write in my comments section if you'd like to join in on Weekly Wednesday Weign-ins so that we can encourage each other and keep each other accountable
If you like, put it in Josey's icon in your sidebar so that people will know you are participating.
Bloggers I follow that are participating:
Josey (of course) @ My Cheap Version of Therapy who is post partum
Gee @ GeeBaby who is relatively new to blogging
Bridget @ The Lost Stork who is post partum
Donor Diva @ Donor Diva: Mother via Egg Donation who is trying for #2
Holly G @ Holly G and Co. who is post partum after #2
No additions this week as far as I know.
But I'm trying to get two of my co-workers to work out with me.
If I missed you hear, please let me know and I'll add you!
I'm so happy our list is growing, it keeps me so motivated!!! It's not a competition, its accountability, and that's what I need, so whether you have 5 LBs to lose or 105, join up and be accountable for the change you want to see in yourself!
4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
Are there any hikers out there?
I want to purchase a pair of hiking boots, but don't know any good brands or even what to look for in a pair of hiking boots. If anyone has any ideas, I'd really appreciate your input.
On the TTC front (since I've been too busy to do a separate post):
I went to a regular GP to see if he could do any additional testing to see why we can't get pregnant. We found out I might have lupus, I have borderline ANA counts and we are trying to find out if it is or is not lupus. If my counts were positive, at least we could treat it and have a chance of conceiving on our own. With it borderline, they refuse to treat it because I am otherwise asymptomatic. If I have IVF (eventually) then hopefully they will treat me with intralipids to suppress my immune system prior to transfer. I am still waiting on other bloodwork, they are testing me for everything in the book. In the long run, if they find something treatable, this will be less expensive than IVF, but for now, the cost of the workups (even with insurance) is just delaying IVF. We have no date set for IVF, and no hope for scheduling a date in the near future.