I know you all were anxiously awaiting the outcome of my conversation with the husband about IVF. We discussed it and decided that it is definitely the route we will choose and we will probably go ahead with the Sher Institute in Las Vegas. The question now is when? I don't have a definite answer for that question.
We could start birth control as early as next cycle, but we have to figure out how to come up with the finances first. So we decided to start by trading in a car. It lowered our monthly payments by $300 (however, insurance only went down $4 a month), but I will miss Hugo, our white Mercedes SUV but he never really was my car. Ruby, the replacement Toyota Camry Hybrid will do though. She will get better gas mileage on my husbands commute to school anyway. My husband tried to convince me that if we traded in both SUVs that we could do IVF now, but I can't let go of my other SUV, I love it, and I know I would regret it, we bought that one as a family car in the first place. We still have 3 cars, two of which have loans, so we might also sell the 3rd car as it isn't really child friendly anyway.
So unless we win the lottery or some other miracle, we are going to have to wait until after our tax returns and my bonus check in March. I'm going to talk to my boss to see if there is a way to get my bonus check early.
I have been keeping busy with other projects, mostly on ways that we are trying to save money. I'm going to post about them this week.