Wednesday, December 21, 2011

Weekly Wednesday Weigh-In


Idea borrowed from Josey.

I'm going to set some boundaries for my Weekly Wednesday Weigh-in so that I have a guideline for these posts, if you decide to join in feel free to use this format if you like.

1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal. (BMI info from this website)

Starting weight: 145        
Goal Weight : 125            
Last Week's Weight: 142  
Current Weight: 142 (didn't lose, but didn't gain!)        

Starting BMI: 26.5
Goal BMI: 18.5-24.9 or exactly 22.9 for goal weight
Last Week's BMI: 26.0
Current BMI: 26.0

2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.

Progress on last week's activities: I set no specific goals for activities except to try to make it to the gym at least once. I went 3 times, two days of cardio and one day of weights where I did allow H to train me.

Activities for this coming week: (the more activities I attempt, the more I am likely to achieve)
1. Run a mile straight and time myself so that I know where I'm starting.
2. Make it to the pool on base to swim for at least a half hour.
3. Join co-workers for one day of morning exercise at the gym on base.
4. Try a new salad recipe
5. Track how many times I eat out in one week.


3. Try to motivate others to join in on trying to lose weight 

We all know that weight can be an issue with TTC, so those of you who need to shed a few pounds while TTC or are trying to shed some after having your baby, please join in, you are welcome here.
Write in my comments section if you'd like to join in on Weekly Wednesday Weign-ins so that we can encourage each other and keep each other accountable
If you like, put it in Josey's icon in your sidebar so that people will know you are participating.

4. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.

I had this salad at a local Irish restaurant and though that I could make it myself. I did and it was great. Salad Recipes don't have to be exact, so give it your best shot.

Chop Chop Salad

Main Salad: spring greens, blue cheese and bacon (I fried up and crumbled turkey bacon-I prefer Osca.r Mey.er because it tastes almost like real bacon)

Salad Dressing: Either use a pre-made store-bought honey mustard vinegerette or make your own. I used this recipe to make my own but used regular mustard instead of dijon (less sugar) and added about 2 tsp of powdered mustard. I even bought a condiment squirt bottle so that I could save the extra (if you do this, cut the tip so that the opening is bigger so that the garlic can get out)

Let me know if you try this salad. I loved it! I was a little unsure about the blue cheese/honey mustard combo, but it was really good.


3 comments:

  1. Oh - I love the layout of your check-in!! I'll have to do something similar next week. :)

    Maintaining is always better than gaining, so good job this week! Starting the new lifestyle of healthy eating and exercise is always the hardest. Stick with it and you'll see results!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally need to keep a weekly activity log. I'm determined to tighten up in the new year. We just booked Mexico and my tummy just doesn't look like it did back in the day! Or my ass, or my thighs..or that bit under the spot where my biceps should be haha.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so need to do this....I don't want to look at the scale. Good job this week!

    ReplyDelete

If you can relate to this post or have an opinion about it, please leave a comment.

I do read everyone of them and look forward to hearing what you have to say.