So I still did pretty good this week, but I do feel lazy as I'm not losing weight. I'm supposed to have my TSH checked this week, what do you want to bet it's above 5.0 and that's why I'm not losing.
I'm downloading the "My fitness pal" app as we speak to assist in meeting my goals
1. Reiterate my goal and where I stand in reference to this goal. (BMI info from this website)
Starting weight: 145
Last Week's Weight: 141
Current Weight: 141 (no change from last week, or the previous 3 weeks, and -4 overall, 16 lbs to goal)
Goal Weight : 125
Starting BMI: 26.5
Last Week's BMI: 25.8
Current BMI: 25.8 (still "overweight")
Goal BMI: 18.5-24.9 or exactly 22.9 for goal weight
2. Discuss what I am going to do to achieve my goals.
Progress on last week's activities:
1. Time my mile and run it at 12:00 that means a pace of 5.0 miles an hour: Ran my mile in 11:45 a pace of right around 5.1 mph
2. See if I can go 3.75 miles in an hour with a combo of walking/running: following the mile I run for #1: I ran 4 miles in an hour, go me3. No soda for an entire week: Finally!!!! only drank diet lipton green tea and water! (and maybe a few beers over the course of the week)
4. Try a new vegan recipe: I did cook this week, but was lazy, just went with my usual meals
5. Allow Nate to train me for 2 days at the gym: only got one day in and he trained me that day on just the treadmill (I know it sounds crazy, but man it was a workout)
In addition to the goals I previously set, I also walked the dogs 4 days out of the week and have been doing yoga in a class on Saturday Mornings for the last 2 weeks.
Activities for this coming week: (the more activities I attempt, the more I am likely to achieve)
1. Time my mile and try to beat my previous time of 11:45
2. Run/walk for an hour and see if I can do 4 miles in an hour again
3. Continue with no soda for a week and see if I can also do no beer for a week
4. Yoga this week: Saturday
5. Start using the My fitness pal app
6. Allow Nate to train me 2x this week
3. Post a (reasonably healthy) recipe that I've tried, a cooking tip, a new idea for working out for people to try, a photo update of my weight loss, or anything else I feel like sharing.
I've made this recipe before and we ate it this week, but I just love it and it is so easy I thought I'd share.
My version of Shepherd's Pie: Chipotle Sweet Potato Turkey Pie (It needs some type of barnyard name but I haven't come up with one yet)
1 small onion
1/2 Green pepper
1/2 Red Pepper
2 large Sweet Potatoes
Chop Onion and saute in 2 TBSPs of olive oil, when onion is very soft, chop and add green and red pepper. Spray a small casserole dish (9x9 or so) with pam and add this mixture to the bottom of the dish.
Brown ground turkey in the same pan and season with salt, pepper and a little bit of chipotle seasoning.
While you are doing the above, in a separate pot, peel, slice and boil sweet potatoes. When potatoes are fully cooked and break apart easily in the pot, drain and mash them. Before you mash, add a few TBSPs of butter (or butter substitute of some sort) and 2 TBSPs of brown sugar and a little bit of chipotle seasoning.
Put Ground Turkey on top of veggies and mix together slightly. Top with mashed sweet potatoes without mixing the sweet potatoes in. Top with a few TBSP's of butter.
Bake at 375 for 20 minutes to allow flavors to mingle (everything is already cooked so no worries)
Scoop and serve. Reheats well too.
Bloggers I follow that are participating (visit their sites to see who else is participating):
Josey (of course) @ My Cheap Version of Therapy who is post partum
Gee @ GeeBaby who is relatively new to blogging
Bridget @ The Lost Stork who is post partum
Donor Diva @ Donor Diva: Mother via Egg Donation who is trying for #2
Holly G @ Holly G and Co. who is post partum after #2