No need to test tomorrow morning.
No surprise positive on a natural cycle.
I'm not upset though, I'm ready to move on to IUI #2 and have been since I found out I failed to ovulate on time. Because I started cramping last night, I couldn't fall asleep because I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to have a fight with H. I eventually fell asleep and we had the discussion today instead of when we were both half asleep.
H thinks we should have a break cycle this cycle. He thinks we should give him a little longer to heal and a little while to see results from his varicocelectomy.
I think we should go for it for several reasons. And because I love bullets points:
- I am impatient and becoming more and more so everyday, I don't want to wait anymore, this will be cycle number 22 since we started TTC
- I have met my deductible on my insurance and am getting closer and closer to our out of pocket (the IUI itself isn't covered, but the rest of the appointments and fees are).
- H will be out of the 2 week mandatory recovery period on sex and masturbation
- H only has a 70% chance of seeing any improvement in his numbers with this surgery anyway so waiting isn't necessarily going to improve our odds
- I'm going to take clomid this cycle and if I overstimulate, we would lose out on this month anyway
Side note: October is our month. We got engaged 3 years ago on October 1, 2008. We were married 2 years ago on October 10, 2009. It occurred to me the other day, that if we had gotten pregnant the first cycle (we just finished cycle 21) we could have a one year old this month....sad. Maybe we will get pregnant during October. That's part of the reason I'm so eager and I think it's the "straw that broke the camel's back" in convincing H that we should go for it this month.