I'm having difficulty with my clinic...again.
I was told that I could try clomid this cycle (After I sort of pushed the issue) to make sure that I could have an IUI this month.
You see, my clinic gives me two choices:
1. Detect natural LH surge with OPKs and call in and they will do an IUI 24 hours later.
2. Have a follicle study done around expected ovulation, have a trigger shot after the scan as long as at least one follicle is larger than 18mm and an IUI done 24 hours later
My CNP, Lulu, and I decided that choice #2 was the best choice as I can not get out of work without at least 2 weeks notice. This way I could come for the scan, have them administer the trigger and have the IUI done the next day. I could take two half days in a row and let the office know 2 weeks in advance (the day AF started). Because I ovulate regularly, we figured that I would always have at least one follicle ready. Then my cycle threw a curve ball last month, it obviously affected our plan when I had nothing larger than 10mm on CD13. I did end up ovulating a few days later, but couldn't get out of work to have the IUI done. Call it stress...Call it bad luck...I don't know what happened.
Then this month we are having a problem again. I insisted on clomid for this cycle to make sure that I would have a chance of ovulating according to schedule. I take my last pill tonight. I was told that would be fine, but because I already ovulate we are worried about multiple follicles. I was told that we could not have sex after CD10 due to the high risk of multiples. But when I called to schedule my appointments last week when AF started, I informed the medical assistant that there is no way that I can come in this coming Friday due to work and asked if we could work out something creative, like a Thursday + Saturday type thing.
After playing phone tag a few times with the MA as the go between Lulu and I, this is what I was told: I am to call when I detect an LH surge via OPK to schedule the IUI 24 hours later and if that happens on Thursday for a Friday IUI, we will not be able to have the IUI.
I was not given the option of a 36 hour delay for IUI and I was told that they do not allow their patients to administer HCG at home.
So...are we no longer worried about multiple follicles?
Are we allowed to have sex regardless of the risk?
Am I going to show up to the IUI and have Lulu look at my chart only to cancel the procedure last minute?
What if the OPK is positive on Thursday, do I lie and tell them it was Friday so they do a Saturday morning IUI?
Do I call and ask to speak to Lulu directly?
I don't know what to do! This just seems so much harder for me than for the rest of you!