Wednesday, August 31, 2011

Dreams

I'm not one to think too much into dreams, but I know that some of you out there are. I'd love to hear your opinions on these.

Yesterday, H told me that the night before I had been having night terrors. H said that I woke up twice sat straight up and reached for the ceiling with both arms saying "don't drop it" or "don't do it". I have no recollection of this. However, I know I had them as a child too and used to wake up screaming in the middle of the night and my mom would rush in only to find that I was still sleeping. I also used to sleepwalk. I do remember as a child waking up sitting at the top of the stairs peaking at the TV after I was told to go to bed but not remembering how I got there. I even remember sitting at the counter eating cookies and milk also not remembering how I got there, just sort of "coming to" while doing it. Also, a few months after I first moved in with H, I woke up in the middle of the night screaming at him that "it's under the bed catch it" after dreaming that I had been pet sitting my friend's guinea pig and it had gotten out of it's cage and was running around under the bed. We never pet sat their guinea pig.

So the point is that I do have vivid dreams sometimes, but not very often and it can and does translate into real life in my mind. I sometimes have to ask people if things really happened or if I just dreamed it.

Anyway, I had a dream last night that I was pregnant...with ravioli...lots of it...in my uterus, not in my stomach. I could see it on the ultrasound. I looked a the ultrasound tech and asked..."is that ravioli"? She smiled and said "yup, congratulations!" Even in the dream I thought WTF?!?!?!

I think that one was brought on by the new Chef Boy-ar-dee commercials where he pronounces his name Boy-AR-dee instead of BOY-ar-dee as I always thought it was.

That dream was immediately followed by a dream where H called me over to look in the turtle tank where we found our beagle Mattie sleeping under the water. Not drowned, just snoozing like the turtles do with their nostrils at the edge of the water so that they can breathe but the rest of their bodies completely submerged and eyes closed. I pulled her out and took her to the tub to give her a bath. She smelled like shit and was covered in green goop. I couldn't figure out how she got out of the laundry room where they sleep at night and up into the turtle tank the lip of which is at least 4 and a half feet off the ground. It is big enough that she could lay down in it.

This one was probably brought on by the fact that I cleaned the turtle tank filter last night in the bathtub and thought I should clean the tub right away so that I don't accidentally give the dog a bath in the dirty tub as it did look pretty clean, but had just been covered with turtle goop.

I know that people do have vivid dreams during pregnancy, but since I have them occasionally I'm not sure they mean anything.

4 comments:

  1. I'm crossing my fingers that your vivid dreams are a good sign, even if they are not atypical.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's so weird to read this because I had a crazy night-terror dream last night. I dreamed that the walls were closing in (or something like that, details are hazy) and I was freaking out and started yelling, and practically gave G a heartattack. Even when I woke up I was still shaking!

    I'm definitely going to take this as a good sign...Not that I have a chance of being pregnant right now, but you do!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, dreams can be crazy sometimes. Just hope this is a good sign.. I'm glad you were able to go through with the IUI, I have my fingers crossed for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's too quiet over there. How are you? Just stopping by to say hello. :)

    ReplyDelete

If you can relate to this post or have an opinion about it, please leave a comment.

I do read everyone of them and look forward to hearing what you have to say.