Friday, May 1, 2015

And it all starts over again...

Today was cycle day one of our FET cycle to transfer our remaining embryo. I had my TSH checked as well as my estrodiol which was quickly followed up by a transvaginal ultrasound. I have no idea the results of any of the testing and although the results were supposed to be sent STAT to the clinic, because I sent a message to check, they emailed me to say they had not received anything. I suppose that I will have to spend part of my Saturday running around or calling around.

I expect these things to be rather straightforward after how many times I've had them done, so when something is different it really throws me for a loop. The ultrasound tech started off by sitting me down to tell me what we're going to be doing and asking if I'd had it done before. When I said that if had a transvaginal ultrasound done "plenty" of times, I got to play 20 question as to why I was there. Although I was in a mood, I felt I was polite and answered her questions but she was really questioning my history like there was something she could do about it or maybe something I hadn't thought of. Maybe I was unjustifiably paranoid though. Then she asked me to put the wand in myself, she didn't even look under the sheet. I really wanted to tell her that my modesty regarding these types of procedures is totally absent after everything I've been through, but refrained.

Anyway, I hope the remainder of this treatment cycle goes better than this first day.

1 comment:

  1. How goofy that a medical professional would be sort of overly modest in that situation. People can be so bizarre. Fingers crossed for you this FET cycle!

    ReplyDelete

If you can relate to this post or have an opinion about it, please leave a comment.

I do read everyone of them and look forward to hearing what you have to say.